« Home | dungun » | sick » | more on freedom of expression » | china's little mecca » | on the right to freedom of expression » | mencari pemuda unggul » | on creative writing » | no magnet » | the young guy and the older guy » | sabtu melayu » 

Tuesday 

aftermath

Let me just begin this post like this, ask no questions, and I’ll… ok just don’t ask any questions. But knowing that some of you probably will not be happy with such an answer (and the some others will have no idea what I’m talking about (some others will be saying to them , “welcome to the club!”)) , I hope you’ll be satisfied when I say my results aren’t worth posting and shared online. There. ‘Nuff said.

Of course, it goes without saying that disappointment hangs thick in the air (though whether you believe it or not, I actually expected such horrendous an outcome). And some will place it upon themselves to offer me kind words of advice and counsel, so that I won’t jump from any buildings. I thank you for caring, but I’m fine and the less said about STPM the better. It’s over. Done. Buried.

SAM on the other hand, is still very real. Any reminders to study or to stop blogging would be greatly appreciated. But whether it adhered to is a different matter altogether.

Not that we have got that safely out of the way, I suppose we can continue with this post. Very seldom do I ever stay up beyond 12, doing anything. What more blog. But blogging is so much easier to do than preparing notes for a presentation, eh? I’m so unfocussed.

But when you blog, you must blog about something. The easiest topic to write about (after writing about one’s self) is to write about blogging. But this is NABA. So what to write about? Hmmmm.

I’m sure you would have noticed that this is already the sixth paragraph, and there’s still no proper subject. If I were you, I’d stop wasting time and go do something productive. But if you insist on continuing, well, if you must.

In today’s Star, there’s an article on M Nasir new soon-to-be released album. According to the article, he will be dropping all the world-music pretensions and returning to the hard-rocking roots of his music (read : Kembara). Of course, I actually take issue with this statement. I happen to think that his “world-music pretensions” are very nice and make for a delightful listening experience. Of course I can’t say to have listened to all songs from the later albums, but the ones that I’ve listened to , like “Sahabat Gua”, “Phoenix Bangkit”, “Raikan Cinta”, they’re not bad. In fact, they’re quite good. But I would have to say, compared to the earlier works (i.e “Hati Emas”, “Apokalips”, “Rajawali”) they lack the timelessness of those songs. Regardless, I’m sure the new album will be good whichever route he decides to take. It is M Nasir after all.

One thing about the songs I like to listen to, is that they have ‘big’ lyrics. Not exactly things to jiwang to (I think I just created a new verb!). There’s something enchanting in words set to music that speak to the very core of your consciousness. Something magical. How people from a multitude of backgrounds can all relate to the universal truths written by some scruffy young man. I wish I could write like that. I also wished for 4As, but I didn’t get that neither…

Now I end this post, with congratulatory wishes to my friends who managed to persevere through STPM and emerged victorious. You have my greatest respect. Enjoy university! They’re the last few years of fun before you join the daily grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

>

About me

  • I'm ltf ha
  • From sg. buloh, selangor, Malaysia
My profile
www.flickr.com
sdr. mohamad lutfi hakim ariff's photos More of sdr. mohamad lutfi hakim ariff's photos
Blogroll [−]
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates Listed on BlogShares Ukhwah.com :: Top Blog